GBI Research’s report, “Power Market in Western Europe to 2020: Government Policies downplaying the Nuclear Energy Industry and spurring the growth in Renewable Energy Sector.” provides an in-depth analysis of the power market of the top 12 Western European countries (France, Germany, Austria, The United Kingdom, Spain, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Portugal and Belgium). The report provides deep insights and emerging trends in the power market for each country, with detailed forecast of the installed capacity and generation by thermal, hydro, renewable (solar PV, biomass, wind etc.) and nuclear sources up to 2020. It also provides the annual import, export, sector wide demand scenario for all the countries along with the forecasts for annual power consumption. The research also analyzes their competitive structure, regulatory framework and the infrastructure of power sectors in these countries. The report, also discusses elaborate information on active and upcoming power plants in the countries, provides a comprehensive understanding of the 12 Western Europe power markets. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
According to GBI Research, the government policies and incentives will have major impact on the growth of the Western Europe power market. The pressure to curtail the carbon emissions will lead to the growing investments in renewable power sector. The countries are actively augmenting its capacity through renewable energy sources, namely, wind, solar photovoltaic and others. Among the renewable energy sources, wind energy is the major source and would attract large scale investments in future. On the other hand, the nuclear power industry will be negatively effected because of the problems faced in fuel processing and waste disposal system. However, with an upturn in the global economy expected from 2010, Western European power market is expected to grow moderately during the forecast period 2010-2020
- The 12 power markets covered are France, Germany, Austria, The United Kingdom, Spain, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Portugal and Belgium.
- Review of the key power sources – thermal, hydro, renewable, nuclear.
- Data types included are installed capacity, consumption, power imports and exports, power demand, power generation by sources and by country from 2000 to 2010, with forecasts to 2020
- Analysis of competitive landscape, regulatory framework and infrastructure of the power sector in the key countries.
- The report provides details of active and upcoming plants in the country.
- Business overview, SWOT Analysis and review of operational metrics of key companies in the region.
- Insights into the major trends, drivers and challenges in the overall industry