GBI Research’s report, “Power Market in the Americas to 2020: Renewable Energy and Growing Demand Entails Efficient Infrastructure” provides an in-depth analysis of the power market of selected American countries (the US, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Peru and Venezuela). The research analyzes their regulatory framework and the infrastructure of their power sectors. It provides a detailed forecast of the installed capacity by thermal, hydro, renewable (solar PV, biomass, wind etc.) and nuclear sources in each of the nine countries up to 2020. The report, coupled with elaborate information on active and upcoming power plants in the countries, provides a comprehensive understanding of the nine American power markets.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
According to GBI Research, the US emerged as the largest power market by installed capacity among the American countries with a share of 74.8% in the total installed capacity in 2009, followed by Canada. With an upturn in the global economy expected from 2010, American power market is expected to grow moderately during the forecast period 2010-2020 due to increasing demand. The countries are actively augmenting its capacity through clean energy sources, namely, wind, solar photovoltaic and other renewable with an objective to reduce carbon emission. In order to achieve the objective, the Governments have undertaken several incentives in the form of tax relief, capital cost grants and subsidies. Hence, the commitment to curtail the carbon emissions will lead to the growing investments in renewable power generation.
- The scope of this report includes:
- The nine power markets covered are the US, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Peru and Venezuela.
- Review of the key power sources – thermal (coal, oil and gas), hydro, renewable, nuclear
- Data types included are installed capacity, consumption, power demand, power generation by sources and by country
- Data provided from 2000 to 2009, with forecasts to 2020
- Analysis of import, export, regulatory and infrastructure of the power sector in the key countries.
- The report provides details of active and upcoming plants in the countries.
- Business overview, SWOT Analysis and review of operational metrics of key companies in the region. These include Southern Company, American Electric Power (AEP) Co Inc, Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE), Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. (Eletrobras), Hydro-Québec, Endesa S.A., Ontario Power Generation Inc., Electrificación del Caroní, Edegel S.A. and Companhia Energetica de Sao Paulo (CESP).
- Insights into the major trends, drivers and challenges in the overall industry