GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, “Travel Vaccines Market to 2017 – Growth in International Travel and Higher Incidences of Infectious Diseases in Emerging Economies to Drive the Market”, which provides insights into the global travel vaccines market and market forecasts until 2017. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top seven therapeutic indications for which travel vaccines are often prescribed, which includes hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies, typhoid fever, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis and meningococcal meningitis. In addition, the report also includes insights into the travel vaccines R&D pipeline.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
GBI Research analysis shows that the overall global travel vaccines market for the seven indications, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies, typhoid fever, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis and meningococcal meningitis, was valued at $2,673m in 2010. The market is expected to witness growth at a CAGR of 13% for the forecast period, and will reach $6,188m by 2017. The increase in outbound travel and higher incidences of infectious diseases in emerging economies are the main reasons for growth in the travel vaccines market. The launch of new vaccines like Menveo and Ixiaro for meningococcal meningitis and Japanese encephalitis will help in the growth of these therapeutics markets. The travel vaccines market is also expected to grow because many pharmaceutical companies are looking for novel ways of combating antimicrobial resistance to antibiotics. Increase in the use of vaccines for vaccine-preventable diseases in the forecast period is expected to drive the travel vaccines market. The top pharmaceutical companies in the travel vaccines market are companies such as Sanofi-Pasteur, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Novartis and Intercell. A large amount of fragmentation in the market provides significant scope for consolidation through mergers and acquisitions.
- Data and analysis on the global travel vaccines market.
- Annualized market data for the travel vaccines market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017 for top seven geographies which includes the US, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape which covers hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies, typhoid fever, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis and meningococcal meningitis, including market size, market share and cost of vaccination.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the global travel vaccine market, which includes companies such as Sanofi-Pasteur, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Novartis and Intercell.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place from 2005 to 2011 in the global travel vaccines market.