GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, “Veterinary Vaccines Market to 2017 - Europe to Strengthen Its Position as the Single Largest Market for Animal Vaccines Due To Highly Organized Livestock Farms”. The report analyzes the markets for veterinary vaccines, covering bovine, ovine, porcine and equine species in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain), and Japan. The report also provides geographical landscape, competitive landscape, product profiles, and analysis on drivers and barriers that impact the veterinary vaccines market. Furthermore, the report provides company profiling, SWOT analysis for the leading companies, and analyzes the mergers, acquisitions, recent activities and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
GBI Research analyzes the veterinary vaccines market up to 2017. The report examines the market by analyzing livestock species including bovine, ovine, equine and porcine. The target population considered is the total animal population in each respective region. The report specifically covers livestock species excluding companion animals, and concludes that the livestock market sector has shown steady growth in recent years. Biotechnology developments and research contributed tremendously towards the growth and enhancement of the veterinary vaccines market. Europe and the US collectively hold more than 70% of the total market.
The market grew at a steady rate for the past few years and is expected to grow further. The demand for veterinary vaccines in the market is driven by factors such as the vulnerability of animals to fatal and chronic diseases, and the changing patterns of the diseases. The recent epidemics created awareness among livestock owners of the need to avoid the huge production losses due to diseases such as swine flu, avian influenza and anthrax. The future of vaccines will be dominated by DNA-related vaccines and combination vaccines, which can provide protection against various diseases with minimal vaccine shots. Such innovative products will be more capable of providing protection and generating a strong immune response than the traditional vaccines.
The key players in the veterinary vaccines market are Bayer HealthCare, Merck & Co. Inc., Fort Dodge Animal Health, Novartis Animal Heath, Pfizer, Lohmann Animal Health, Merial Ltd., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, and Heska Corporation. There are many other companies which are involved with the manufacturing and development of veterinary vaccines apart from those in the list.
- Annualized market data for the veterinary vaccines market from 2002 to 2010, forecast forward to 2017.
- Analysis of the leading livestock segments, including bovine, ovine, porcine and equine.
- Analysis of the veterinary vaccines market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, Europe and Japan.
- Market characterization of the veterinary vaccines market, including market size, annual cost of vaccination and target population.
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market.
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Bayer, Pfizer, Merck and Novartis.
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that have taken place in the veterinary vaccines market.